About the Opportunity
As a Production Lead Associate at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Service team in Huntington Beach, CA. You will be responsible for:Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for overseeing the production workers on designated lines and assures accurate and timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC equipment and ensure MPTQM processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Under direction from the Operations Manager, assures the accurate and timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC equipment.
- Follows-up to assure processing proceeds at the pace needed to meet postal dead lines.
- Oversees quality function in assigned area. Assures MPTQM processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Sets up windows on the various machines using ECA & Winsort software. Verifies quality of sorted mail using MPTQM procedures.
- Responsible for overseeing the production workers on designated lines. Supervisory responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Reviews time clock hours of production workers to assure accuracy. Interprets company policies to production staff as needed and upholds safety regulations and practices.
- Promotes a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the pre-sort mailing business is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. with or without accommodation
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
- Based on operational need; must have a flexible schedule to work overtime, which may include weekends, holiday, and/or a different shift with limited or no advance notice.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.