Performs technical work in support of List Services operation. Work involves evaluating, processing, and preparing address data for mailing activities within the retail, catalog, publication, and direct mail markets.
- Interpret job instructions to perform necessary data and mail preparation production processes. Review job instructions for accuracy and completeness, and if discrepancies are found, facilitate the creation of new instructions with a List Services Representative.
- Estimate job completion dates and communicate job progress through the relevant production processes. Update production schedule.
- Evaluate customer input data to generate useable internal house format utilizing custom and third party software. Perform record selection, field parsing, record splitting, data standardization, removal of extraneous data, append data, and identification and correction of floating data.
- Standardize data utilizing CASS address-matching software to ensue data integrty and improve mail deliverability. Review "before" and "after" address versions and interpret software status and error codes to validate results.
- Set matching and priority criteria to eliminate duplicate addresses utilizing custom and third party software. Review record matches to determine if the "best" records are chosen.
- Perform mail preparation utilizing PAVE certified software to achieve optimal postage discounts. Perform production steps to ensure output supports cooperative mailing programs: Co-Mail, Co-Bind, Co-Mingle, and Co-Pallitization (Tray and Flat).
- Layout and format data to manufacturing and custome requirements for output to labels, to an inkjetprinter file, or to an electronic file.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.