Work is typically performed independently. Receives instruction/guidance from manager/supervisor about the work when assistance is requested or when assigned new tasks. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
- Operate machines that automatically addresses, weighs, and ties into bundles printed publications, such as magazines, catalogs, and pamphlets, for mailing according to zip code.
- Review manufacturing instructions to determine type and size of publication scheduled for mailing.
- Make adjustments to guides, rollers, loose card inserter, weighing machine, and tying arm, using rule and hand tools.
- Records production according to customer name and zip code, and machine down time due to malfunctions or lack of work. Processes and ships outgoing small package parcels such as UPS, Federal Express, and DHL.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment.
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to stand constantly (over 2/3 of time)
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience in mailing required
- Must be able to work assigned shift
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when required
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.