The IBM CIO Global Infrastructure organization is looking for Infrastructure / Data Center Architects with mainframe (IBM zSeries) experience who have a desire for creative freedom! You are an ideal fit if you thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, collaborative environment while working on high performing teams. IBM fosters a creative environment through continuous innovation in an Agile culture.
Daily Responsibilities for z/OS & z/VM data center equipment include:
- Providing service management for the physical equipment while preparing I/O configurations using specialized tools
- Giving production support for the physical equipment as part of incident management
- Assisting senior architect in defining strategic and long range architectural design of mainframe platforms
- Assisting with full life cycle of equipment: acquiring, deploying and decommissioning - technical refresh / currency plan
- Managing physical capacity of the environment and individual machines between an established low and high water mark
- HW asset management
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.