At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Maintenance Mechanic 1
in Newark, DE
(2nd Shift Role) you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Maintenance Mechanic 1
is responsible for multi-craft maintenance activities in assigned functional areas to ensure production and/or facility equipment operates efficiently and in compliance with FDA requirements. The functional areas within the site include: Manufacturing, Packaging, Warehouse, or Facilities.
Additionally, the Maintenance Mechanic 1
is responsible for the general description of the parent profile role for this job function, the following summarize key result areas, specific accountabilities and / or tasks, etc. associated with this job title:
- Perform Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on equipment in the assigned areas including: Inspections, Calibrations, and scheduled overhauls
- Use analytical troubleshooting skills to recognize system and equipment problems, identify true cause, and recommend/ implement solutions that prevent problem reoccurrence
- Perform mechanical and electrical equipment repairs in the assigned area including: set-up/change-over, routine adjustments and fabrication
- Perform duct cleaning
- Work with Supervisors, Operators, Engineers, and other Mechanics to identify and implement opportunities to improve equipment/production efficiencies
- Participate in cross-functional teams as assigned to support continuous improvement or equipment installation/modification
- Provide training/coaching as needed to other mechanics and operators
- Perform and document work in compliance with SOP's, Safety Health & Environment (SHE) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's). To include: work orders, PM's, logbooks, and permits
- Respond to multiple equipment/production problems and prioritize or change assignments as needed to meet production demands
- Must be able to work or be on-call as needed during other/off shifts and weekends when facility, production and/or equipment maintenance coverage is needed
- Support installation and qualification of new equipment and systems
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years experience in a pharmaceutical production environment or 8+ years as maintenance mechanic in an industrial production environment
- Availabilty to work 2nd shift (4pm-2:30am M-Th)
- Completion of a state accredited Journeyman or technical school program, or equivalent formal education and field experience, demonstrating commensurate proficiency in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Mechanical maintenance of production equipment
- Utility systems maintenance and repair
- Electrical Maintenance
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Mechanical Fabrication/Machine Shop
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- AAS in an Engineering Technology
- Understanding and operational familiarity with PC/PLC control systems.
- Pharmaceutical/ cGMP maintenance training and experience
- Facilities and utilities equipment maintenance experience including: HVAC, boilers, air compressors, purified water, and electrical distribution systems
- Material Handling equipment maintenance experience including: automated cranes, conveyers, sorting
- systems, and forklifts
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.