PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses -- Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola -- also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $60 billion, PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment, including by conserving energy and water usage, and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support, and invest in the local communities where we operate.
Frito-Lay, a key business unit within PepsiCo, is a market leader in the snack food industry. We are the makers of some of America's favorite snack foods including, FRITOS®, LAY'S®, DORITOS®, CHEETOS®, AND TOSTITOS®.Job Description:
- Lead Technical function for the Modesto Plant. As a member of the plant Leadership Team, you will ensure that resources, administration, and teams are developed and accountable for achieving business goals.
- Responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety for entire location.
- Develop and coach Business Unit Leaders, Front-line Manager and Team Members to solve operational issues.
- Motivate the site to achieve performance targets.
- Ensure that the continuous improvement process is followed and influence change across multiple teams.
- Needs to provide support on all shifts, and ability to work approximately 55-60 hours per week
Qualifications/Requirements Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Assures equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity
- Implements process enhancements to improve process enhancements to improve package and flavor changeover efficiency
- Utilizes visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance Builds the capability of plant maintenance supervisors and technicians, sanitation, and utilities.
- Tracks standard manufacturing and warehouse KPIs and prioritizes plant maintenance opportunities
- Maintains P&L responsibility over maintenance cost centers, repair and maintenance, maintenance labor, utilities and capital improvement plans
- - Responsible for regulatory, environmental and legal compliance related to food safety, maintenance, and utilities.
- Ensure that employees within the site are developed and accountable for achieving individual, team and business unit goals
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Develop team to solve own day-to-day operational issues and reach short & long term performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: state of the site meetings, round tables, etc.)
- Works closely with suppliers and internal customers to deliver expected results
- Administer policies and practices
- Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Seeks out and implements best practices
- Solve daily operational issues
- Degree in Engineering or related field
- Prior leadership team experience and demonstrated ability to lead and influence
- High drive for results and take initiative
- Project management skills including business development, compensation, continuous improvement decision making, employee benefits, group leadership, and interpersonal skill leadership
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership with the ability to get results through mentoring skills
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Authorized to work in United States
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- minimum of 5 years of operation experience
- mechanical experience maintaining production equipment
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.