This position is responsible for providing leadership and support to the plant's production and maintenance teams through coordination of resources and activities for all controls related activities in the facility. The successful candidate will provide the controls technical link between maintenance functions, production needs and engineering. Essential Functions:
- Provide troubleshooting, problem analysis and technical support to the plant as needed for all Allen Bradley, Rockwell Automation, and various other controls equipment.
- Manage the plant's software and related hardware systems associated with all Rockwell equipment, Wonderware Systems, EIT, and Shop Floor Ethernet Systems.
- Specify, bid, select, and purchase required equipment, parts and contract installation services for assigned projects to assure that the project is implemented as scheduled with minimal production interruptions.
- Supervision of work conducted by maintenance mechanics, contractors, and service personnel to assure efficient coordination and completion of assigned projects as scheduled.
- Prepare Capital Appropriation Requests for new projects, maintain required project documentation, monitor and control project costs within the budget.
- Provide support to the Plant Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Systems by being actively engaged in the process ownership of Electrical Safety and QSA Calibrations.
- Administer the implementation of maintenance and operator training of controls functions for all new equipment and systems installed on new projects.
- Develop and apply innovative and creative methods in order to solve routine and chronic issues.
- Manage the plant electrical power, control, and programming systems ensuring updated documentation meeting or exceeding PepsiCo, NEC, NFPA, State and local Standards and Insurance requirements.
- Utilize available application computer programs in order to facilitate the accurate interpretation and reporting of performance data.
- Support PepsiCo's sustainability initiatives by implementing projects / optimizations / equipment repairs that reduce the sites electricity usage.
- Provide support to the plant TPM Planned Maintenance Pillar and Early Management Pillar by being actively engaged in the development and implementation of TPM systems.
- Coach and mentor mechanics with troubleshooting and programming on a daily basis.
- 4 year Technical Degree preferred - Strong electrical background preferred.
- 5 years minimum of hands-on experience in plant electrical applications, Wonderware , A-B PLC's & Drives, Ethernet communications and HMI programming.
- Robust organization skills in the areas of maintaining and upgrading software and programming systems.
- The appropriate individual should possess a strong foundation in interpersonal communication concepts, specifically written oral presentation, listening, and facilitation skills, demonstrated by leading team members while facilitating change and fostering innovation and results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, aggressive, results oriented culture.
- Strong project management skills as demonstrated in the areas of planning, scheduling, and execution up to and including process, packaging and/or machine design.
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven problem solving skills.
- Leadership and management skills required.
Not Eligible for Relocation