The primary role of the Maintenance Tech II - Controls is to provide competent and effective electrical support to Plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The MTII - Controls + Calibration must identify, troubleshoot, repair and Calibrate instrumentation and controls systems in production equipment and processes. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, configure and replace faulty components; install cables and perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and calibration of plant instrumentation and controls systems.
The MEII - Controls + Calibration is recognized as skilled and knowledgeable in instrumentation and controls systems and is sought out to support troubleshooting, development of process/system improvements, preventive and predictive maintenance development and contractor performance monitoring, when necessary, for new instrumentation or controls systems. He/she is responsible for notifying management if a workplace becomes too hazardous because of control problems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Understand how to read and translate the information found within building and process blueprints and one-line diagrams to install outlets, circuits, load centers and other forms of electrical equipment.
- Possess an understanding of calibration procedures for process instruments, which measure temperature, pressure, flow, level and composition, along with an understanding of process controls and troubleshooting.
- Possess an understanding of National Electrical Code and its application in an industrial environment.
- Install electrical components and wiring systems using conduit benders, wire strippers and tools such as screwdrivers, pliers and drills.
- After installing the electrical equipment, test all connections to ensure all components are working properly and safely.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose instrumentation and controls issues in industrial equipment and processes using experience, system knowledge and proper instruments appropriate to the voltages and currents encountered.
- Communicate with management, engineers, mechanics, and equipment operators to advise them if there are any potential electrical hazards.
- Install and Test fiber optic cables, coaxial wires and computers in support of plant telecommunications systems.
- Execute the maintenance work schedule as provided by his/her supervisor. Proper execution of the work schedule will require strategic decisions to ensure the scheduled work will be completed within the period scheduled. This effort requires the Lead to be aware of CIP, sanitation and other periods of downtime.
- Continuously maintain proficiency in PLC and other controls systems.
- Keep the assigned Lead informed of all issues which may affect the operational capability of the area processes and equipment.
- Seek assistance from the Lead on the work priority when confusion or more tasks than manpower exists.
- Examine jobs to be done and determine scope and best way to accomplish the work. Consult with requester, maintenance planner, and/or supervisor when necessary.
- Obtain drawings, instructional manuals and special procedures, as needed, from files or other sources. Make any additional sketches, diagrams, etc., necessary to clarify the intent of the work order.
- Obtain or ensure work order materials are on-hand to support the work order schedule.
- Ensure the safety needs are given a top priority in operations support and work execution. Some examples are Arc Flash/Shock Hazard safety, confined space entry, LOTO, hazardous materials, hand tool safe use, etc.
- Update the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) as necessary to maintain accurate plant asset historical records.
- Have complete knowledge of plant's processes and packaging systems.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the execution of the work schedule and operational support. Ensure the shop is maintained in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Enforce plant polices in the execution of their assigned duties. Report violations of plant polices to the supervisor.
- Protect the integrity and quality of product at all times.
- Attend meetings and supports continuous improvement initiatives.
- Recommend equipment to be included in preventive maintenance programs.
- Suggest improvements to all maintenance processes, including planning scheduling, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, CMMS, storeroom operations, etc.
- Promote the conservation of energy.
- Keep the maintenance lead and/or manager properly informed on all abnormal or critical situations and seeks advice on matters outside of their knowledge or authority.
- Make recommendations for system improvement.
- Maintain necessary records and files and distributes meaningful and accurate control reports.
- Recommend additions to storeroom stock.
- Perform other tasks and special assignments as requested by management.
(Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions) :
- Meet all basic plant employment criteria, to include a good attendance record
- Achieve a passing score on the Maintenance Technician test
- Must supply own tools per the Maintenance required tool list
- Maintenance background, which includes Instrumentation, electrical controls, PLC's, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Able to read P+ID drawings, one-line diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position within 180 working days of start date.
- Achieve ISA Certified Controls Systems Technician within 36 months of start date.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to visually identify defective parts
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Must be able to work flexible shift schedules up to 12-hour shifts as determined by business need
- Must be able to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top