OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: This job involves a variety of electrical diagnostic and general maintenance mechanical duties concerned with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, heating and air-conditioning, plumbing, carpentry, painting, welding and machine maintenance throughout the plant.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain work instructions from the supervisor, assist higher classified maintenance person and help with the more complicated systems, machines, drawings, diagrams, specifications, along with rules, hand and power tools, tapes, levels, squares, calipers, electric and gas welding equipment, hoist, forklift and similar equipment.
- Investigate and diagnose malfunctions of machines and equipment and determine necessary repairs.
- Provide preventive maintenance, clean, grease, oil, lubricate, change oil, filters and service machine and equipment as scheduled.
- Detect faulty operations, defective parts, materials, etc. refer questionable situations to the supervisor.
- Maintain work areas, tools and equipment in a clean, orderly and good housekeeping manner.
- Follow and comply with company work and safety rules.
- Perform these and other related comparable duties as instructed.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Exposed to heat, noise, fumes and dirt.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Over 1 year up to and including 3 years experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to use trades math, complicated drawings, specifications, precision measuring instruments, charts, etc.
- REASONING ABILITY : Requires the use of considerable judgment to perform difficult maintenance work, diagnose equipment problems and make repairs, modifications and adjustments.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.