Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance & Service Technician in the Wichita KS /Tulsa OK area. This is a residence-based position. This an entrepreneurial opportunity for a career minded person to work out of your home and manage the service to customer installations in a set territory.
Air Products Field Service Technicians have a company truck and service bulk gas systems at our customer sites. The systems include pressure vessels, vaporizers, flow, level and pressure control instrumentation, pumps and compressors. The Technician will be responsible to provide necessary technical and hands-on support for installations and maintenance of these systems. The successful candidate for this role will report to the Area Maintenance Manager for the region and must be self-motivated, safety focused, and a good communicator.
This position requires after hours availability and must be able to respond to customer service situations on a 24/7 basis. Regional travel in a company truck and a clear MVR and good driving record are required. There is also a requirement for occasional travel to other regions to assist other Field Service Technicians.
Military Personnel are encouraged to apply!! Experience in military roles as a Machinist Mate, Electricians Mate, Electronic Technician, Aircraft Maintenance or Cryogenic Technician would be well suited for this role.
Technical School Graduates are encouraged to apply! Degrees in areas of Process or Electrical Technology, Industrial Systems, Electrical Power and Controls, Electromechanical Technology, HVAC would be well suited for this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interfacing customers to include report development and other required administrative functions.
- Demonstrate and practice safe work practices and willing to adhere to procedures
- Self-motivated and demonstrates leadership and ability to work independently
- High School Diploma Required; Technical Degree or Military Experience preferred
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical maintenance and mechanical experience. This experience may include trade school and/or on-the-job training.
- Demonstrate and practice safe handling of tool including power tools typically and commonly used for installation and maintenance tasks. Experience with welding and brazing is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to read engineering drawings, flow sheets, equipment layout, piping drawings and electrical controls schematics
- Exposure to maintaining electronic controls, pneumatic systems, pumps, pressure vessels, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors is preferred
- PLC and instrumentation maintenance and troubleshooting are a plus
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, 401K plans.
** Only local candidates will be considered** To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21489BR.
If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.