The Maintenance Buyer / Inventory Analyst is responsible for executing plant purchases for plant operating supplies and plant maintenance requirements. He/she is also responsible for monitoring maintenance spare part inventory levels, and replenishing as required. The Maintenance Buyer / Inventory Analyst makes contributions to improve longer term results through leading and supporting various improvement initiatives. These contributions include organizing stock rooms, minimizing spare part inventory levels, and minimizing replacement part costs through supplier price checks and setting up alternate suppliers. This role works closely with the skilled trades, Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Purchasing - orders all operating supplies for the plant (i.e. parts, inks, oils etc.)
- Inventory Optimization - Analyses spare part and operating supply inventory targets on a regular basis in efforts to optimize inventory levels. Considerations involved in setting inventory levels include part availability, part cost, importance to the operation, # used in the plant, lead times, usage history, etc.
- New vendor set up
- Competitive costing
- Purchase Order requests through KO Buy. Purchase orders are managed from start to finish which includes accounts payable monitoring ensuring that yearly blanket PO's are balanced before closure.
- Administer quarterly cycle counts and inventory adjustments
- Administer Annual full spare parts inventory and inventory adjustments
- Inventory Organization/Control - Tracks maintenance spare part and operational supply level inventories and ensures accuracy of the inventory database in PMC/SAP. This involves organizing stock rooms in a logical and neat format, increasing inventories accordingly as new parts arrive, and depleting inventories as parts are consumed.
- Reporting - Uses PMC/SAP to track outstanding spending for maintenance parts and operating supplies; works with maintenance manager to establish month end accruals; tracks and reports performance against the following :
- Monthly Spare Part Inventory Levels
- Monthly Purchasing Activity
- Monthly PMC Accuracy
- Weekly spare parts usage
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum 2 years related work experience, preferably in a consumer packaged goods industry
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP and PMC software
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Plant equipment knowledge
- Supplier/Service Provider Knowledge
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
No relocation offered for this position
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.