Adecco is assisting a local client recruiting for a Maintenance Electrician job in Christiansburg, VA. This is for a long-term opportunity that will give you valuable experience to enhance your career. As a Maintenance Electrician you will be responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and equipment. Will be responsible for notifying your supervisor of any safety or quality concerns and will handle planning new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access to future maintenance and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with local electrical codes.
The ideal candidate is proactive in looking for preventative repairs, an excellent problem solver, and is detail-oriented. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Responsibilities for this Electrical Maintenance Technician job include:
• Preparing sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or following diagrams or blueprints
• Measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling and installing electrical conduit
• Connecting wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment
• Installing control and distributions apparatuses such as switches, relays and circuit-breaker panels
• Testing continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer and oscilloscope
• Recommending changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance
• Dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
• Inspecting finished products by examining form and texture to detect imperfections and determining machine changes needed according to dimensional requirements
• Fabricating devices to repair or replace defective components
• Lubricating and cleaning parts. Setting up and operating lathe, drill press, grinder and other metal working tools to make and repair parts
• Welding metal parts to steel structural members
• Operating forklift, Bobcat, etc. for transporting materials
• Initiating purchase requests for parts and machines
• Entering logs of all work orders into Plexus
• Cleaning tools, equipment, machines and work area
Additional Technician Requirements:
• Ability to troubleshoot using PLC software/knowledge
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry and calculate figures and amounts
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Maintenance Technician job in Blacksburg, VA or any related opportunities with Adecco.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.