Grow with us as an Electrician in one of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Kansas City!
Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations, Quality Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who will help shape a strong future for our company, and your career working on electrical maintenance. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Electrician you will be part of our success by:
• Executing advanced electrical troubleshooting
• Performing working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers
• Interpreting electrical schematics and piping and instrumentation drawings daily
• Troubleshooting and repairing our industrial production equipment in regards to mechanical systems, pneumatics, drives and hydraulics
• Identifying and examining production equipment failures to understand root causes
• Actively seeking ways to improve plant efficiency and cost savings
• Maintaining an open dialogue with lead and supervisor regarding day to day activitiesQualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- The ability to work long periods of time walking, standing, bending or carrying moderately heavy items (20-25 pounds) with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of behavior based safety systems
- An active licensed Journeyman (electrical)
• Experience working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC?)
• Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish. #LI