Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to be based in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Maintenance Engineer will:
- Provide day-to-day support for Operations to resolve technical issues with production/facility equipment. Decrease downtime and waste of production equipment.
- Execute capital projects and lead continuous improvement of equipment.
- Act as Technical Lead for the equipment and associated utilities to support projects and enhance Operator and Maintenance Technician capabilities.
- Work with quality, operations, maintenance and engineering to minimize the site equipment downtime.
- Lead technical troubleshooting efforts to determine the root cause of equipment failures and underperformance. Implement timely, effective corrective actions.
- Provide day-to-day support and surveillance of equipment performance, changeover, and maintenance.
- Become a subject matter expert for the site’s Manufacturing Equipment Excellence (ME2) Program and implement and maintain assigned work-streams within the program.
- Lead continuous improvement process using equipment reliability improvement methodologies including Process Excellence tools, FMECA, Risk Analysis and Zero Defects.
- Evaluate maintenance strategies to ensure the effective use of resources and to maximize equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as the central reliability measurement tool by ensuring accurate data collection/analysis and by establishing and monitoring reliability Key Performance Indicators.
- Participate in and write quality investigations and Change Controls as required. Owner of applicable action items.
- Be a reliability subject matter expert (SME) to understand the critical aspect of product, component and labeling requirements. Point of reference for Audit and acts as SME.
- Edit and author documentation (i.e. Standard Operating Procedures, work instructions) as necessary. Identify opportunities to improve procedures and assist in revisions.
- Become a Power User in the applicable systems and roles assigned. Able to extract data from CMMS. Working knowledge of master data and maintenance processed in CMMS.
- Drive implementation of continuous improvement actions. Acts as a champion for Zero defects/ Lean methodology and application of Lean concepts in work area. Support team in application of lean concepts and methodology.
- Represent Maintenance in engineering projects led by other groups and lead small projects.
- Meet all regulatory requirements and participates in audits to enhance inspection readiness. Monitor and follow up for ensuring timely completion of all commitments.
- Take necessary action to eliminate and immediately address safety hazards. Communicate any observed unsafe behaviors immediately.
- Qualify as a GMP trainer. Partner with training department to create training materials.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or related technical field) is required
- 5+ years relevant experience in a regulated business is required.
- Experience in tableting and packaging operations a plus.
- Working knowledge of CMMS, Lean techniques, statistical analysis and automated systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP PM (Preventative Maintenance) is a plus.
- EIT or PE a plus
- This position is based in Lancaster, PA and may require up to 10% travel
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function