At our facilities, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Take a look at what some of our team members have to say about being a part of Reston Hospital. Why We Like Working for Reston Hospital Center
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center
, a 199-bed acute facility, lies within the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Reston Hospital Center holds certifications within our stroke and total joint center and is accredited in the chest pain center. Most importantly, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first
The Maintenance Engineer
will assist in the performance of duties necessary to keep the physical structure and associated equipment of Hospital in good repair. Minor electrical work, mechanical repairs, and other duties relating to maintenance are the primary duties.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner as to reflect the highest integrity of the Plant Operations and Maintenance Department.
- Assists in maintaining and repairing H.V.A.C. controls and associated equipment to maximize efficiency levels in all environmentally controlled areas.
- Performs urgent corrective, routine, and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and systems as required.
- As required, assists in maintaining electrical wiring and emergency generator systems. Inspects and tests equipment and/or systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties to all physical structures of Hospital and complies with all building safety codes. This is to include facility equipment and lighting systems as required.
- Assist in replacing, installing, repairing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, appliances and lighting systems as required.
- Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system.
- Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap material.)
- Reads blueprints, schematic diagrams, interprets instructions, and prepares specifications.
10 PM - 6:30 AM, rotating weekendsQualifications: QUALIFICATIONS Education:
Education in trade/technical/vocational training is preferred. Experience:
- 2 years maintenance/Engineering work in a commercial setting, healthcare preferred.
- Working knowledge of heating, air conditioning, spot and central systems, electrical equipment and systems, and fuel and steam systems.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs and have a working knowledge of fire alarm and signal systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematic diagrams, and interpret instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of how to use and maintain plant tools and equipment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom