Maintenance Function Manager - Windsor, Connecticut Distribution Center (Job Number: 023382)
Connecticut DC - 80 INTERNATIONAL DR
80 INTERNATIONAL DR
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for managing maintenance and repair on equipment, machinery, electrical and power systems, and building, grounds and building systems to insure uninterrupted services and operations. Responsible for building safety program and assigned operations projects. Manages, trains and coaches technicians. Performs other related duties as required. Job Responsibilities
- Manages and directs activities of maintenance technicians in all areas of the building. Trains technicians in their assignments. Facilitates professional development by conducting on-the-job training, performance appraisals, and needs assessments. Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of training curricula.
- Directs repair of all equipment, machinery, electrical and power systems, and building and building systems to ensure uninterrupted services and operations. Serves as mentor and technical resource for technician troubleshooting and work methods.
- Recommends and plans maintenance programs and work schedules to minimize equipment "downtime".
- Manages maintenance and repair of the building grounds to include lawn and landscape services, sanitary upkeep and parking lot.
- Manages department: budget, hours worked and assignments of work. Daily manages staffing needs for designated department: vacations, monitors turnover and volume.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, directs, coordinates, and controls the activities, plans, and programs of the immediate staff, enforces company policies & procedures. Implements Safety Programs.
- Conducts MBWA (Manage by Walking Around). Ensures team member safety by reinforcing compliance to Walgreens and Regulatory standards. Observes and coaches to maintain high standards of technician work methods. Addresses team member concerns, communicates essential information, and enforces distribution center policy guidelines.
- Develops, reviews and recommends methods of operational improvement within their function area involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within their area's responsibility.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in a Maintenance lead position, assisting management with the assignment of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in distribution and/or manufacturing.
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) including preventive maintenance system implementation and optimization.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Willing to work rotating shifts.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Bachelor's or Associate's Degree in a technical area such as electrical, mechanical, or other engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of Automated Control Systems.
- At least 2 years of maintenance experience with computer and programmable logic controller (PLC) based automated material handling/ manufacturing systems.
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance / Predictive Maintenance techniques including infrared thermography, vibration analysis and oil analysis.
- Experience with Maintenance Spares Inventory Management.
- Experience with SPC (Statistical Process Control) for equipment performance.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: opening a table in datasheet view, entering data, filtering data, creating a form, modifying a form layout, applying themes, running, sorting and saving queries, creating and formatting a report, changing report test, adding an image, printing labels, navigating through records, and/or exporting to Excel).
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing 10 or more people in a multiple department area or facility.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.