Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Position Summary:
The General Utility Worker's job is a compilation of Maintenance outdoor duties and responsibilities. General Utility Workers are flexible; willing to help out wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions and committed to delivering the highest levels of guest service.
- General Utility Workers must be able to work physically hard
- General Utility Workers must ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of operation facilities, boats and grounds by removing trash and debris from the dock and deck - cleaning all public areas
- Must have an eye for detail and presentation - to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness
- Assist with repairs and maintenance of buildings and grounds when required
- Perform plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, electrical repairs and installations when required
- Assist with remodels and other construction projects
- Assist in landscaping work
- Assist with lawn and garden upkeep by mowing the lawn and removing weeds
- Maintain trees and irrigation lines
- Clean lodge swimming pools
- Fill up ice storages daily
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and maintain equipment - ensuring it is kept in working order
- Take a daily measurement of the pump-out holding tank and enter it in to a daily log of sewage quantity accumulated in order to schedule 30,000 gallon barge pump out run. Must ensure optimum scheduling of the barge run to ensure the pump-out doesn't overflow and shut down the unit
- Attend the pump out station, pumping water and sewage out of the tanks
- Clean and maintain lake and land pump-outs (restrooms.) Will need to drive a speed boat to clean, maintain and supply each unit
- Will be required to spend several days and nights onboard a boat when performing pump-out duties on the lake (camper night accommodations will be available on the boat). General Utility Workers will remain onboard until all of the pump-outs are emptied. A typical run will include Bullfrog, Wahweap and Halls Crossing pump outs and any other designated lake pump-outs. The trip will last 3 to 4 days and may occur once every 2 weeks during peak season
- Read and record electrical meter readings
- Perform any maintenance and repair work needed to ensure all pump components are kept in good working order
- May be required to operate company vehicles transporting trash, equipment, delivering laundry etc.
- General Utility Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment, ensuring proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques are adhered to
- Understand all machinery and chemicals used
- Be aware of MSDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
- Identify maintenance, cleanliness and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Status and Scope:
- General Utility Workers report to The Maintenance Manager
- General Utility Workers need to be comfortable working outdoors as they may encounter desert animals, which includes but is not limited to: mice, jack rabbits, snakes, bats etc...
- General Utility Workers cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend days at a time working on boats on the water
- General Utility Workers must be willing to spend days away on pump-out trips, sleeping onboard the boat
- General Utility Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Strong English communication skills are required
- Must have basic skills in carpentry, mechanical, electrical and painting
- Must be able to swim
- General Utility Workers that perform pump-out work and or any work that requires them to drive a company vehicle, must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
- Must have boating experience and boating law knowledge
- Previous knowledge of marine radios is preferential
- In order to drive a company vehicle must have a valid Arizona or Utah Driver License with a clean driving record showing 3 years of prior safe driving. Must complete and pass Defensive Driving Course prior to driving a company vehicle and pass a DOT physical examination and obtain a medical card
Ladder, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Winch, Computer, Barge, Hand Truck, Pallet Jack, Marine Band Radio, Measuring Tape, Generator, Cleaning Appliances, Speed Boat, Water Pumping, Vacuum Cleaner, Push Boat, Houseboat, other.
Travel Requirements: Little or No Travel (>10%)
HEAVY - Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.