At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Maintenance Group Lead for the Maintenance Group located in Chelmsford, MA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Group Lead
will facilitate and coordinate the Plant Engineering team to support 24/7 plant operations. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position may require:
- Provide troubleshooting support of quality and processing issues
- Willingness to learn new skills and complete training as needed
- Coordinate and facilitate training of Plant Engineering employees
- Perform all operations in a safe manner and follow all safety rules
- Report any EHS related issues
- Write SWO's as required
- Observe equipment and report malfunctions or safety hazards to appropriate personnel and support as needed
- Participate in EHS incident investigations, MOC, and PSSR's; identify and follow-up on opportunities for improvement
- Participate on plant safety team
- Perform maintenance tasks and projects
- Point of contact for Plant Engineering activities; ensure effective communications to support a 24/7 operation
- Coordinate shop work order process to assure all work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Prioritize SWOs, assign, track, assure documentation of work completed and time assigned is accurate, close SWOs, analyze and generate summary reports
- Develop and coordinate a comprehensive Preventive Maintenance (PM) program
- Coordinate outside contractors and external services
- Communicate effectively with production departments, and all support groups to maintain clear understanding of goals, results and day-to-day information necessary to maintain a smooth operation
- Assignment of resources, including overtime requirements
- Check/send emails daily for updates, changes and instructions from/to Plant Engineering and/or Production Supervisor
- Support stockroom inventory management, including stockroom inventory counts
- Support all plant policies, guidelines, and employee compliance by communicating any non-compliance issues to employees and the Plant Engineering Supervisor
- Provide employee performance feedback to Plant Engineering Supervisor as needed
- Participate in "Accountability/Communication" meetings, along with production, technical, and support staff
- Support Lean initiatives through Tier 1 & 2 Communication Process, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities, and supporting production activities as needed
- Conduct daily 5S/Housekeeping tasks in the maintenance shop and provide positive motivation to Plant Engineering department personnel to help maintain a clean/organized work environment.
- Provide Lean Six Sigma process improvement support with guidance from engineering and/or management
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum of ten (10) years of Electrical, Mechanical, Systems/Process Control, or Machinist experience
- Possess an Associate's or Technical degree or higher
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently, display ingenuity and initiative, and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert knowledge of SAMS and other maintenance management systems
: Chelmsford, MARelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.