A Super Opportunity Awaits You! Airgas
, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Maintenance: Instrument and Electrical Technician - Tuscaloosa, AL.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. JOB SUMMARY:
The Maintenance: Instrument and Electrical Technician has the responsibility for the operation and control of equipment used in the process of air separation; also accountability for the care and maintenance of plant mechanical, instrumentation and electrical devices and equipment, as noted below . ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain and troubleshoot, instrumentation systems, and calibrations in accordance with manufacturers' instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Install, maintain, adjust and repair manual, pneumatic, electric and electronic measuring, recording, and regulating instrumentation.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative inspections on mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with manufacturers instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Maintain and troubleshoot, electrical systems in accordance with manufacturers' instructions, local work instructions and governing regulations.
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance equipment, including process analyzers and gas chromatographs.
- Maintain calibration standards, including inspection, testing and measuring equipment as well as calibration gas cylinders.
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical calibrations and adjustments.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform maintenance on compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and manuals.
- Monitors water treatment systems
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Work with management team to schedule calibration and preventive maintenance programs during plant outages to achieve plant and company strategic quality and efficiency goals.
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of comprehensive spare parts program.
- Assist in the training and development of other Airgas associates when needed.
- Develop and maintain contractor relationships
- Operate and control equipment used in an air separation plant.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A basic understanding of air separation and associated equipment and technologies (such as water treatment and refrigeration systems) is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required. Minimum two years of college, technical school, or military technical experience preferred.
- F ive plus years or more equivalent experience operating and/or maintaining a technical process in an industrial setting.
- Occasionally (1-33% of work time)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong skills in computer programs used for process control as well as document and spreadsheet creation and interpretation .
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad array of people using both verbal & written tools to build upon and become part of a strong team environment.
- Ability to write routine business reports and business correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY:
- Requires the use of considerable judgment to recognize and interpret sophisticated instrumentation and make decisions accordingly.
- Requires the ability to use tools and equipment necessary for repairing and replacing mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment.
- Requires the ability to use computer programs to effectively analyze, document and track specific initiatives and goals set by management.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY OF OTHERS:
- Requires 100% compliance with Airgas safety policy and procedures, and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) training and techniques to prevent lost time or serious injury to others
- May instruct other employees on the proper techniques of instrument calibration and simple maintenance
- Light indoor and outdoor manufacturing environment, subject to noise dust, heat, cold. Occasional travel may be required.
- Normal 8 hours a day 5 days a week with the occasional 12 hour shift coverage.
- On-call responsibilities to facilitate uninterrupted 24/7 plant operation.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.