Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, NY is looking for a Maintenance Machinist to work first shift.
Primary Function: Plan, layout and perform all required operations to install, maintain and repair a variety of machine tools and other equipment and apparatus used in various plant departments and powerhouse.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Install units, including the making up of brackets, braces, hangers, etc. and perform necessary operations to secure and assure permanence.
- Tear down, determine extent of troubles, repair damaged mechanism or replace worn or defective parts and reassemble.
- Setup all department machine tools such as engine lathe, vertical turret lathe, shaper, radial drill press, grinders, milling machines, etc., together with all necessary machine attachments.
- Layout and perform machining operations on replacement parts such as gears, bearings, shafts, spindles, lead screws, right and left external and internal threads, tapers and angles, etc.
- Select material best suited for specific job.
- Perform hand operations in fitting such parts as bearings, spindles, scraping of ways, etc.
- Construct simple tools or alter available tools and equipment to facilitate work.
- Align and level machine tools and equipment to required accuracy and check to assure effective operation.
- Work involves a variety of machine, bench and hand operations requiring skill and accuracy and a thorough knowledge of machinist trade to repair, maintain and install a wide variety of machine tools, apparatus and equipment.
- Operate fork truck as required in performance of job duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year machine maintenance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position.
- Machine Repair Journeyman Certificate
- 2 or more years experience troubleshooting, repairing, or maintaining industrial machines
- Experience working with various lathes, drill presses, grinders, and/or milling machines
- Considerable experience in improvising or making decisions where only general methods are available requiring considerable initiative and ingenuity.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.