Ensure the equipment systems are capable of delivering at expected true efficiency by maintaining and improving all manufacturing equipment and the building that it resides in. Provide strong support of environmental compliance, safety, quality and food safety efforts. Develop and coach direct reports to strategically lead department in TPM continuous improvement efforts through the Preventive Maintenance Pillar as well as supporting the operations department Autonomous Maintenance plans.
Major Action and Support Actions:
This individual is responsible for managing all maintenance department efforts while developing a team of Maintenance Supervisors, administrative team members and other key members within the department. The successful candidate will provide the technical link between maintenance functions and production needs.Essential Functions:
- Provide guidance and support to the development of 4 maintenance supervisors, 3 maintenance planners / coordinators and 35 maintenance technicians such that they are accountable for achieving individual, team and maintenance department goals.
- Control the ongoing repair and period maintenance budgets in line with the fiscal plan. Implement cost reductions to offset negative or unplanned variance to the fiscal plan while achieving proposed True Efficiency objectives.
- Budget, direct, manage and control all REA (Repair Expense Authorization) projects ensuring all schedules and budgets are met.
- On a regular basis, meet with the Operations Departments to review equipment maintenance issues with overall goal to maintain a True Efficiency index which is in line with the strategic long range plan objectives.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and provide vision for technical improvement across the plant.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure spare parts availability and control of assets is maintained.
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, staff meetings, roundtables, etc.).
- Resolve employee relations issues and work with maintenance staff to drive capability.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the Food Safety Management System and communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Management System
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental, Safety, Quality, Food Safety and PepsiCo Audit systems.
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs for both maintenance and production team members.
- Develop and implement both preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Provide support as needed on all shifts, across all the days of the week.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / Technology preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in Engineering & Maintenance.
- Must have thorough knowledge of processing, packing and utility equipment designs to effectively lead technical resources to successfully maintain equipment to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Must possess strong financial control skills to support plant efforts in successful cost and capital planning performance.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to set a vision, manage change, develop personnel and strategically plan for continuous improvement of human resources.
- Ability to interface with plant personnel, outside contractors and different functional groups within the business units.
Eligible for Standard Relocation