Job Description: Your career is in motion.
Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
At Yanfeng Automotive Interiors, you will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow.
An integral part of our team of almost 30,000 employees in 17 countries across the world, you will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge? Responsibilities
- Schedules and directs all maintenance personnel. Coordinates maintenance schedules for the most effective use. Coordinates the training of Maintenance Personnel. Participates in hiring, termination and disciplinary action of department personnel.
- Collaborates with other departments to resolve maintenance problems and to keep manufacturing equipment operating in an efficient manner
- Reviews various reports and confers, when needed, with the Production / Technical Manager to review problems and to ensure corrective action also establishes priorities to minimize downtime.
- Assures maintains and repairs all aspects of the plant equipment and facility.
- Maintains a preventive and predictive maintenance programs (INFOR) on all machinery, equipment, etc, with documentation and records necessary to support the program.
- Coordinates maintenance department inventory system (TBARE) to be certain adequate supply of material and repair parts are in stock to reduce production downtime due to breakdown of equipment.
- Maintains numerous contacts with manufactures' representatives to keep abreast of latest developments and techniques in maintenance and repair fields. Insure department is trained to the latest techniques.
- Coordinates to insure the facility is constantly in a clean and safe condition
- Enforce safety rules daily. Noncompliance of safety rules require support with HR on disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
- Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices adherence and coach employees as needed.
- Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
- Build credibility through continuous demonstration of safety as a value through their personal actions.
- Ability to complete employee development plans, organize, communicate, and motivate employees. Must be able to prioritize own work -day schedule
- Schedules, coordinates and directs all necessary maintenance and construction work. Makes preliminary, intermediate and final inspection of maintenance and construction work to insure proper workmanship, materials and conformance to work methods and safety regulations
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department and/or facility.
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is the world's leading supplier of instrument panels and cockpit systems, door panels, floor consoles and overhead consoles. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has more than 105 manufacturing and technical centers in 17 countries and employs over 29,600 people globally. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Johnson Controls a global multi-industrial company. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com . Job Qualifications: Qualifications
- High school diploma required and equivalent of 10-15 years of experience in machine maintenance.
- Engineering degree preferred and equivalent of 5-10 years of experience in machine maintenance.
- 8-10 years of experience, including 3 years in plastics processing and 2 years in production supervision.
- Demonstrated supervisory or managerial experience.
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, and motivate employees, as well as prioritize own work schedule.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand necessary safety procedures and precautions.
- Ability to sit or stand for 2-3 hours and ability to lift / carry approximately 30 pounds.
- Requires detailed knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic systems, and auxiliary equipment.
- Must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer without restrictions or expiration.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.