Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark Education provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 food service programs, please visit www.aramarkschools.com . Position Description:
Responsible for managing the maintenance and engineering functions within an account, and coordinates the activities of all skilled trade managers and/or supervisors and/or lead persons. May also oversee Grounds Services. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Create and develop a relationship with the client and campus community in conjunction with Facilities GM.
- Manage each skilled trade such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, general facility maintenance for corrective, emergency and preventative maintenance, and other assigned general maintenance operations.
- Oversee the facilities maintenance, repairs, renovations and construction activities, and coordinates the activities of the trades to utilize staff, materials, and equipment effectively and efficiently.
- Perform the maintenance portion of the Program Audit and prepare plans for improvement and best practices.
- Tour and inspect the facility to ensure total quality management requirements in maintenance.
- May help ot maintain department budget, reporting weekly and monthly financial information in conjunction with Facilities GM.
- Hire, guide, train, and give technical assistance to supervisors and employees engaged in facilities operations.
- Communicate with all levels within the organization and with all external vendors and contractors.
- Implement Human Resources polices and procedures in conjunction with Facilities GM.
- Ensure compliance with all OHSA and environmental regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Respond to request of client, Facilities GM, District Manager, Regional Vice President, and Corporate Staff.
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate Safety regulations and procedures.
- Develop, with the Facilities GM, a Monthly Joint Review (MJR) to review operational accomplishments and opportunities for development.
- Responsible for work orders, Preventative Maintenance schedules, and the accuracy of the building information in the computerized management system.
- Develop and manage a successful preventive maintenance program.
- Participate in a school committee or group outside of maintenance responsibilities.
- Conduct training based on equipment specific to the facility.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in appropriate field with 3-5 years of technical experience in the appropriate facility services environment is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of maintenance equipment and capital project activities and experience managing skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled trade personnel in a union and/or non-union environment is also required.
- Strong financial analysis skills and P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is preferred.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.