If you're looking for dry ice, you'll find it with Airgas
. As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations throughout the country to provide service to key industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies. JOB PURPOSE:
To perform equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on production equipment. DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of all the equipment in the plant as well as the building.
- This includes the use of a structured schedule and maintaining a written record of work done.
- Bearings, belts, blades, filters, relief valves, switches, etc are to be monitored and replaced as needed.
- The repair of broken frame and structural items will need welding from time to time and welding skills, including Stainless Steel is desired.
- A willingness to be "on call" to make repairs during weekends and evening hours is a must.
- An understanding of simple electrical design and the use of a multimeter is desired.
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and their operation is necessary.
- Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Wet, oily floors create slipping hazards. Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
- On-call and shift work required.
- High School or equivalent.
- Formal training in one or more of the following: General Industrial Maintenance, Hydraulics, Industrial Electrical Systems, PLC Programming, Industrial Refrigeration, Compressors, Pneumatics.
- Welding Certificate Desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Three (3) years experience in a production/manufacturing environment working in a maintenance capacity.
- High degree of technical aptitude and skill to learn the function and repair of plant production equipment.
- Self starter able to take direction, problem solves to repair and maintain plant production equipment and systems.
- Good written and verbal skills with basic math skills (add,subtract,multiply, divide).
- Proficient with data entry and manipulation of maintenance software and inventory systems.
- Able to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
- Function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility. Able to think clearly and troubleshoot during time-sensitive outages.
- Essential job function requires the routine lifting of items weighing at least 50 pounds. Turning wrenches requiring pulling strength. Ability to safely climb ladders and work overhead.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.