For thirty years, Nestlé Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home. Since 1985, our wet dog and cat food factory has provided employment, and a special home for many of our associates who work passionately each day to annually produce 30 million cases of Fancy Feast® and 10 million cases of Beneful® Prepared Meals – two flagship Purina brands. Joining the Purina factory in St. Joseph means you are joining more than a pet food company, but also a very driven and close-knit team focused on safety, personal growth, development and community. Our attention to safety and quality, matched by a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and renovation, helps us to attain our fullest potential.
As a Maintenance Mechanic, your role in the bigger picture is to manage the preventative and routine maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You will handle projects that span the spectrum of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding responsibilities. So, if you’re up for the dare to expand your career in the world of manufacturing, join our Purina Family. We’ll always challenge you to think: “What’s Next”?
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Electrical – troubleshoot using PLC and replace (repair) electrical components on all types of equipment and machinery within the plant.
- Hydraulic – troubleshoot, isolate and identify problems then repair equipment and machinery. A sample would entail putting a seal kit in hydraulic cylinder or hydraulic spool valve.
- Mechanical – troubleshoot and replace bearings, repair gearboxes and overhaul; remove repair and install parts on all machinery.
- Welding – Knowledge of MIG, TIG and ARC welding to repair parts and/or equipment and ability to solder items in shop.
- Pneumatics – similar to hydraulics however troubleshoot and repair would pertain to air for example working with valves.
- Working with lathes and hand tools.
- Adhere to all plant specific safety rules and policies including lock out/tag out test out requirements for safety. Must turn off machines and isolate prior to troubleshooting and repair.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete assigned work-orders which requires the use of a computer.
- Regular attendance at team meetings.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED
1 or more years of related maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial, technical, automotive or military environment OR an Associate’s degree.
Relocation assistance or a signing bonus
may be provided to qualified candidates.