Summit , Illinois - United States Shift:
3pm - 11pm or 11pm - 7am SUMMARY
Constructs, installs, maintains and repairs any plant mechanical, structural, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment according to accepted codes and safety standards. Position makes necessary decisions, according to skill level, in carrying out all job functions to the fullest extent when working without direct supervision. Position will be able to demonstrate skills in power transmission, air systems, piping, hydraulics, pumps, troubleshooting components welding, alignment procedures, rigging and millwright work, motor controls, electrical symbols and theory in the above skill levels.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Maintenance Leader, Planner/Scheduler and shift leaders on jobs to be performed.
- Performs PM's as they are scheduled
- Reports all equipment concerns to their leaders
- Performs all equipment repairs and projects in a safe and efficient manner using all safety procedures.
- Answer line calls in a prompt manner and carry required tools to complete work safety and efficiently
- Assist during process upsets as needed.
- Wear all safety equipment necessary for the job and follow all plant safety rules and regulations, including the machinery lockout procedure.
- Follow the scheduled jobs unless given approval to deviate from the schedule.
- Clean up immediately after a job is completed and maintain a quality house-cleaning program.
- Attend schools, seminars, etc. to enhance skills in the various crafts including mechanical, electrical, PLC, machining and welding.
- Keep the parts and tool rooms organized and cleaned.
- Work with other employees in a team like manner.
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss accident or on-the-job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Operate equipment only when you are trained in its use or are working with or under the direction of a qualified employee, and you are authorized to do so by your supervisor
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Posses skills in the machining and / or electrical field
- Overall record: Performance, attendance, etc. will be considered
- Write and speak English
- Able to work second or third shift as scheduled
- Ability to attend mandatory training classes on own time to stay current with equipment changes and as determined by the Maintenance Development Program.
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Log into and navigate intranet and access system for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate Leaning systems and accomplish required online training routinely
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
Two (2) years experience in the mechanical field is preferred in an industrial or manufacturing environmentAbout Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.