Summit , Illinois - United States Shift:
6am - 2pm SUMMARY
The Maintenance Specialist 1/C is accountable to the Maintenance Leader for the continuous improvement of safety of plant personnel, environmental compliance, equipment reliability, and reducing maintenance costs consistent with overall plant goals. The purpose of the Maintenance Specialist 1/C is to be responsible for assisting the Maintenance Leader in maintaining and improving the equipment within the Summit Asphalt Plant.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and everyday and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety
- Notify the Maintenance Leader immediately of any accident, near miss or injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Fix unsafe conditions and report them immediately to Plant Leader
- Knowing and practicing lock/tag/try procedures for all required Plant equipment
- Maintaining and understanding plant piping systems, including water, steam, compressed air, and asphalt systems
- Understanding and use of proper lockout devices for piping systems, including locking of valves, installing blinds and confined vessel entry procedure
- Understanding and using burn-welding safety/hot work permits
- Understanding and practicing line breaking procedures
- Ability to replace and service seals and gaskets, including pump packing
- Skills required to replace valves and valve components
- Understanding the use of basic electrical test equipment. (Voltmeter, clamp on ammeter)
- Performing non-certified welding (Arc/MIG/TIG)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Troubleshooting and maintaining burner systems
- Troubleshooting and repair for electrical systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of all plant equipment.
- Skills and ability for proper alignment of equipment.
- Forklift Certification and ability required.
- Aerial Lift Certification and ability required.
- Boiler operations & blow down.
- Boiler water chemistry testing.
- Knowledge of Fall Protection procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge of Arc Flash Safety and PPE procedures and requirements.
- All additional maintenance skills required not specifically listed here.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Technical knowledge
- Working knowledge of production operations
- Safety & Environmental Compliance knowledge. Safety and Environmentally Focused.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understands and follows oral and written communication instructions
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to use a multi-meter
- Able to work independently and use good judgment
- Willing to advance skills and knowledge through on and off the job training
The employee must be able to:
- Logging into and navigate company intranet to access for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Logging into and navigate Learning Management System and accomplish required online training routinely
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Good computer skills including Allen Bradley panel views
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Operations and Maintenance Knowledge in all the following areas (not all inclusive): Boilers, Incinerator, Preheaters, Hot Oil system, Tank Burners, Truck Loading/Unloading, Acid System, and Computer Control Operations.
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to work for up to 8 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/Stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 8 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, arc flash category 2 uniforms, arc flash gloves and additional protection (welding helmet, tinted glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task.
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable
- Bending or twisting
- Ability to move up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013. A Fortune 500® company for 59 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 27 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology