This is a 3rd shift position
Primary responsibilities include maintenance and repair of organization's production equipment, building equipment and facility infrastructure. Primary duties are mechanical maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of production equipment. In addition, introductory level knowledge of electronics and electrical power with an aptitude to grow shall be demonstrated. May also be assigned other duties based on plant need.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs equipment and systems in accordance with manufacturer's specifications, manuals, drawings and related documentation. Scope of equipment includes web presses, folders, turrets, sheeters, unwinders, rewinders, conveyor systems, and other production related equipment.
- Performs basic maintenance and repair of building equipment, tow motors and miscellaneous other items as may be needed.
- Has good knowledge of equipment subsystems – mech drives, controls, pneumatics, lubrication, etc.
- Repairs and/or reproduces parts using welders, lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders and other machine shop equipment.
- Skilled in the use of mechanical hand tools, precision measuring devices and testing instruments.
- Ability to examine and troubleshoot problems to determine the extent of repairs required, materials or parts needed, and to estimate the time required to complete repairs.
- Ability to interpret and apply the information contained in technical manuals, specs, drawings, and other documents. Also have knowledge of and be able to apply standard formulas, shop mathematics, trade theories, and industry practices.
- Apply more senior level knowledge of machinery and troubleshooting techniques than a Maintenance Mechanic 1. Provide training, guidance and leadership to Maintenance Mechanics as may be necessary or required
- Well versed in manufacturing safe work practices – machine safety, LOTO, hot work, appropriate PPE, walking/working surfaces, etc.
In addition to the above, a Maintenance Mechanic 2 works effectively with moderate to minimal supervision; provides technical leadership when appropriate; interacts with others in a cooperative, professional manner at all times; proactively communicates with co-workers, production employees and management team through use of email, electronic logs, work order system and any other temporary communications that might be necessary.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.