Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Maintenance Mechanic, you will perform safety inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs and replacement of machine tools, crane, welding and miscellaneous equipment throughout the entire facility.
As a Maintenance Mechanic you will:
* Perform safety inspections of tools and equipment
* Utilize Computerized Maintenance System to document repairs and preventative maintenance
* Use and maintain electronic maintenance logs
* Troubleshoot, perform preventive maintenance and repair sandblasting equipment, piping systems, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, machine tools, cranes, welding and other equipment
* Bachelor's Degree in an electrical and / or mechanical maintenance related fields from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 1-year of applied experience (OR High school Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical and / or mechanical maintenance related fields)
* (OR Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 2 years of experience in mechanical maintenance related fields)
* Minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing environment
* Minimum of 1 year computerized maintenance software experience
* Minimum of 2 years experience reading blueprints
* Three-Shift Operation: Must be able to work any shift
* This will primarily be a 2nd shift position
Ability and willingness to work overtime, various shifts, holidays and weekends, as required
* Ability and willingness to performs mechanical and electrical emergency repairs while "On Call"
* Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment
* Ability and willingness to perform work in adherence to OSHA, ANSI and applicable regulations
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing environment
Millwright Apprenticeship completion or Millwright Card
* Minimum of 3 years Machine Tool experience (milling, lathe, drills)
* Minimum of 3 years electric experience
* Willing to work as a team member or alone
* Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.