Springfield is home to one of six Purina litter factories, which mass produces cellulose-based cat litter, dog litter, and animal bedding. This factory sits on approximately five acres of land in the Partnership Industrial Park, which is 166 miles southeast of St. Louis, MO where our Headquarters is located. This factory is a staple business in the small Missouri Town.
Your role in the bigger picture is to manage the preventative and predictive maintenance to improve the functionality and safe working order of our manufacturing equipment and machinery. You’ll handle projects that span the spectrum of electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatics, and welding responsibilities. Your role will have a managerial feel when working the second shift – you’ll be the go-to person for various needs that have the ability to have tremendous impact. Although your role is critical in our continuous improvement and success, so is your work-life balance.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare? Join our Purina Family
- Conducts repair and preventative maintenance activities related to mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems as they pertain to all phases of manufacturing operations.
- Designs, fabricates and installs necessary support equipment to existing equipment, structures and process as identified by engineering or plant management.
- Conducts daily inspections, lubrication and adjustments on equipment.
- Performs various forms of recordkeeping and documentation as required. Performs goods movements of maintenance parts as required.
- Works within SAP to submit and manage work orders
Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
1+ years of maintenance experience in manufacturing/industrial/technical/automotive or military environment OR a Two Year Technical Degree
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.