Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations and physical assets of the property. Maintains, inspects, and repairs all machinery and equipment utilizing knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, print/bind/preliminary equipment, and machine shop tools. Maintains and repairs physical structures of buildings and grounds. Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes and guidelines.
- Maintains and repairs organization's production equipment including, but not limited to, web and sheet-fed print presses, inserting machines, conveyor systems, bindery equipment, finishing lines, OCE lasers, and digital imaging equipment. Performs electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures.
- Completes repairs and maintenance of equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers’ specifications. Utilizes electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings. Repairs or reproduces parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment.
- Installs complex equipment and machinery including the lubricating and control systems and power drives.
- Examines and troubleshoots extent of repairs to determined required material/parts/resources and the amount of time required to complete the repair.
- Interprets and applies the requirements contained in technical manuals, shop directives, multi-view blueprints, and schematics in determining critical dimensions and key reference points.
- Uses standard formulas, shop mathematics, trade theories, and industry measuring devices such as alignment scopes, vemiers, micrometers, precision levels, transits, strobe tachometers, bearing bridge gauges, flow meters, hydrostatic testers, and vibration analyzers.
- Performs pipe and conduit runs, wire pulling and connections to equipment.
- Maintains and repairs physical structure of the buildings including the maintenance and repair of plumbing, HVAC, air compressors, boilers, chillers and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Experience in industrial manufacturing setting
- Ability to work any shift
- Ability to work overtime including 12 hour shifts and weekends regularly
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally and 50 pounds regularly
- Knowledge of installation and repair of more complex equipment and machinery (including their lubricating and control systems, and power drives)
- Experience with machine shop tools, eg. Mills, lathes, bandsaws, surface grinder etc.
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specification
- Troubleshooting – determining causes of down equipment and deciding steps to resolve issues
- Ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Allen Bradley, RSLogics, Automation Direct PLC experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and basic computer skills required.
- Experience with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Associates degree or trade school certificate in a related discipline
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.