The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that all equipment in the distribution center is operating properly and that the building is properly maintained. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state/federal laws. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Review work orders to determine what equipment needs to be fixed; repair the equipment and maintain the proper documentation
- Perform preventative maintenance, equipment installation, and troubleshooting on the following to ensure all equipment and systems are operating properly:
- Sorters and conveyors
- PLC's and other equipment controls
- Material Handling Equipment (i.e. Cranes, Forklifts, Riding pallet jacks, Walking pallet jacks)
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Building and grounds
- Other miscellaneous equipment, tools, and systems
- Remain knowledgeable of all the equipment and operating systems in the distribution center
- Follow all government regulatory guidelines, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulation, etc.
- Attend classes and meetings concerning safety, equipment, tools, building, grounds, and operations as deemed useful by and provided by management. Impart the knowledge gained to fellow maintenance personnel.
- Work safely with members of the maintenance department and all other warehouse personnel towards the common goal of minimizing downtime, and maximizing quality and productivity of the distribution center
- Perform utility, battery, porter, and painting duties as required during peak activity periods or to provide adequate coverage.
- Requisition materials, supplies, and parts from vendors for operating equipment.
- Perform process and logic control programming on utility equipment; maintain all related documentation and back up all programs.
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities. Experience / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, the associate must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility competently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required: Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates. Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently. Mathematical Skills:
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training:
- Familiarity with industry/warehousing technical terms and processes.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day and evening hours.
Other criteria would include:
- Previous OSHA/Safety Training
- Prior welding experience
- Prior carpentry experience
- Prior plumbing experience
- Ability to read, understand and utilize building blueprints.
- Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must furnish your own tools to complete preventative maintenance and associated assignments
- Valid driver's license
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
- Minimum age of 18 years old due to the work environment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus five (5) years' experience in industrial maintenance; or equivalent combination of education and experience.