Organize, install, troubleshoot and repair production equipment. Performs inspections, tests, troubleshooting, repair and safety maintenance on electrical/electronic equipment for the purpose of keeping downtime to a minimum and maintaining the equipment in good working order.
This position reports to the Maintenance supervisor and works under minimal supervision. The work is diverse and complex, the person who holds this role will report unusual problems and conditions, will provide written and verbal reports as required (i.e., end of shift).
Plans, determines and uses appropriate methods and material to work in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner. Troubleshoots and repairs in a manner that protects operators, quality, production, efficiency and minimizes interruptions to production.
May instruct or direct operators or maintenance employees.
• As assigned or directed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
• Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Hoists are used to assist with weights over 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, identification of colors and the ability to adjust focus
• The temperature in the plant is normally moderate, but during the summer season is hot
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Noise level exceeds 80dcb and the use of hearing protection is required
• While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts
Tools and Equipment:
• Must have own tools and needed to perform standard maintenance work in a production environment.
• Can repair circuits, replace contactors and switches
• Troubleshoot and repair high frequency drives
• Rebuild, troubleshoot, repair basic AC and DC electrical motors, circuits, controllers
• Demonstrated ability to perform electric, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic repairs used in electrical and mechanical maintenance technician work assignments
• Understands electrical, mechanical, fluid power and control systems
• Must be able to use basic hand tools and specialized tools as appropriate
• Knowledge of vacuum pumps and systems, material handling systems
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.