Maintenance Mechanic A Battery
Industrial maintenance mechanic - keep machinery and process equipment operating condition in our Geneva, Illinois Power Solutions Plant. Equipment includes battery-manufacturing equipment of all types, conveyors, motors, and plant utilities. Repairs machines, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and fits replacement parts and/or makes parts.
1. Disassembles, inspects, reassembles, troubleshoots, repairs, welds and replaces malfunctioning parts or equipment
2. Installs change parts on our production machinery to allow us to run a different size, shape or product.
3. Performs routine preventive maintenance procedures as per schedule.
4. Sets up equipment for operation.
5. Adjust equipment during operation to improve operation.
6. Cleans, lubricates and adjusts sections or parts of plant equipment to improve efficiency, quality, or operation.
7. Reads blueprints, diagrams and machinery manuals to diagnose problems, identify parts, and learn proper equipment operation.
8. Installs new equipment.
9. Actively seeks to find problems in assigned area and corrects before the problems become critical (under close supervision).
10. Communicates conditions of equipment by: completing appropriate maintenance records, transferring knowledge of conditions to incoming mechanics or lubricators at shift change, and informing the supervisor of significant problems.
11. Displays cooperation by working closely with manufacturing personnel.
12. Improves work related skills by actively pursuing outside schooling or plant provided programs.
13. May be required to do electrical, plumbing, heating and roofing repairs.
14. Move equipment to new locations.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift
Qualified applicants must have 3+ years experience in Industrial Maintenance, including programmable controllers, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and machine repairs.
High School Education or Equivalent required.
PLC, AB, TI, Trouble shooting