Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Mechanic A are to:
Who you are
- Perform repairs and modifications to plant facilities and equipment;
- Possess some knowledge of other trades (Instrumentation, Plumbing, Electrical, Boilers, HVAC);
- Works independent and / or with some supervision of a senior level refrigeration mechanic, OEM Representative, or department supervisor;
- Read and understand blue prints and schematics;
- Has a very basic understanding of Process Control Systems related to refrigeration and site utilities;
- Must be able to use a variety of test equipment, including digital and analog volt meters to calibrate and troubleshoot;
- Perform other duties assigned
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following: Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED;
- A minimum of three (3) years of industrial maintenance experience with some troubleshooting skills, or no less than one (1) year industrial maintenance experience with either: Applicable Military or Merchant Marine experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings/prints, manuals and schematics;
- Computer skills will be required to navigate through building automated systems which interface with utility equipment;
- Must have a basic knowledge of test equipment and chemistry to perform water quality tests for cooling towers.
- Must be able to qualify to operate a fork lift.
- Trade School Certificate OR Applicable Military or Merchant Marine experience
- Experience in maintenance and operation of Boilers, Steam & Condensate Systems, Reverse Osmosis Equipment, and Compressed Air Systems.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders/stairs, walk and stand up to 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, and kneel;
- Must be able to maneuver drums up to 700 lbs;
- Requires work in areas covered by the site's hearing conservation program.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.