Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Maintenance Mechanic B, are to:
Who you are
- Perform operational checks to equipment related to site utilities such as compressed air, purified water, WFI, and cooling towers;
- Perform repairs and modifications to all site utilities systems;
- Possess some knowledge of other trades and all central utility systems;
- Work with some supervision of a senior or "A" level central utility mechanic;
- Read and understand blue prints and schematics;
- Has a very basic understanding of process control systems related to site utilities;
- Assist in the performance of routine, unscheduled, and preventative maintenance jobs;
- Assist in troubleshooting of equipment that is not performing to standards and assist in making the necessary repairs to get optimum performance from equipment;
- Participate in review regarding repairs, replacements, failure analysis, installations, and modifications of equipment;
- Perform other duties assigned.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma, or GED, plus a minimum of two (2) years of industrial maintenance experience with some troubleshooting skills, or no less than one (1) year industrial maintenance experience with either: Or Applicable Military or Merchant Marine experience;
- Must be able to / have: Read, write, speak, and comprehend English in order to understand written and verbal instructions, SOP's, BPR's, etc.;
- Work weekends, holidays and overtime as required;
- Acceptable attendance and performance;
- Ability to work without supervision;
- Computer skills will be required to navigate through building automated systems which interface with utility equipment;
- SAP knowledge is a plus;
- Must have a basic knowledge of test equipment and chemistry to perform water quality tests for cooling towers.
- Must be able to lift up to ≤75 lbs. and push/pull up to ≤650 lbs. with assistance;
- Will required climbing up to ≤30 feet and/or ≤3 stories;
- Must be able to work from ladders;
- Must be able to identify color-coded labels;
- Must be able to wear protective clothing as required;
- Must meet Occupational Demands/ Physical Requirement checklist;
- Extensive standing and walking;
- Hepatitis B vaccine recommended.
Machine tools and materials used:
All basic hand and machine tools which includes a variety of machinery from simple to complex nature.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.