Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Craftsperson - Comprehensive. This individual will service and perform preventative maintenance to maintain complex mechanical equipment, including automated CFM container, PAB container and plastic process machines. Additionally, this person will provide technical support and troubleshoot equipment when unscheduled downtown occurs. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Able to perform PLC troubleshooting by following the failure from sensors, motor drives, control lines, electrical controls up to the I/O cards.
- Able to work on device net communication issues.
- Able to read electrical diagrams and troubleshooting electrical controls, electrical motors and servomotors.
- Able to read pneumatic diagrams.
- Able to read hydraulic diagrams.
- Able to read mechanical prints.
- Able to work with metrology tools.
- Able to learn fast.
- Able to document symptom, problem, root cause, and solution.
- Able to perform mechanical adjustments and repairs to filling & packing machines, over-wrap machines, and case formers.
- Able to work on code dater machine.
- Able Research and specify new equipment, sensors, and parts to improve the process.
- Able to plan and implement projects to improve equipment productivity.
- Able to design and fabricate mechanical parts.
- Able to troubleshoot electric circuits and electronic components.
- Able to write and modify procedures and specifications.
- Able to work on conveyors.
- Able to work on case sealer machines.
- Able to troubleshoot all the lines mentioned above.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Candidates must have technical school education or equivalent education /experience.
- Must have a strong background in machine maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with machine control systems including PLCs (AB, SIEMMENS, MITSUBISHI, etc.), servo controls, and Variable Speed Drives.
- Including vision systems.
- Good understanding of GMPs with experience in a pharmaceutical environment (preferable).
- Must be proficient in using personal computers and a working knowledge of software such as MS Excel and Word. Must have the ability to analyze, investigate and help solve technical issues involving the equipment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be a team player. Ability to work with very minimum supervision.
- Must be self oriented and proactive.
- Candidates must have a good attitude regarding safety and lock out procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.#LI-EC1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.