With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
This individual will install, repair and maintain equipment and general facility for the Ontario warehouse location in accordance with codes, regulations and safety specifications. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Able to apply methods of diagnostics probable cause.
- Document symptom, problem, root cause, and solution.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to machinery switch gear, and equipment in accordance with established schedules and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair machinery and equipment to prevent unnecessary down time.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and repair:
- Electrical Control Technology
- AC and DC Motors & Drives
- Breakers and fuses
- Industrial Wiring
- Power Supplies
- Industrial Ethernet Networks
- Robotics Controls
- Plan and implement projects to improve equipment productivity and submit rational to management.
- Use appropriate PPE as required and test equipment including but not limited to multi-meter, amp probe, power recording devices, and power quality meters.
- Demonstrate the capability to communicate with management and peers in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to understand, modify, and create schematics, drawings, and procedures for equipment in assigned areas
- Able to keep records of project status including proper documentation.
- Layout and install systems from engineering specifications and drawings.
- Maintain controlled log books and sheets.
- Evaluate critical situations, consult with supervisory staff and propose corrective action.
- The ability to understand and comply with all cGMPs and SOPs.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and work in awkward positions.
- Other duties assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Knowledge and experience working with Electrical from 24 volt up to 4kV.
- The ability to analyze, investigate, and help to solve technical issues involving the equipment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. A flexible schedule to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Candidates must possess an AA degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have strong background in machine and facility maintenance and troubleshooting.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.