Under general supervision of the Process Engineer or other supervisory/management-level position performs preventative predictive and reactive maintenance on packaging equipment and conducts production activities in the manufacturing area.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements. It is the associate's responsibility to observe all safety rules. Any condition thought to be hazardous or unsafe should be reported to your supervisor immediately.
- General and specific maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems of packaging equipment.
- Prepares repackaging equipment for production run.
- Completes production and maintenance activities as scheduled.
- Proficient in skill level and productivity output in all processes of repackaging raw material into finished product.
- Records and prepares accurate and complete information.
- Follows all GMP procedures and stays current with compliance training requirements.
- Conducts major and minor line changes in packaging rooms.
- Takes the lead in production room and facilitates the packaging process as assigned.
- Keeps work areas clean.
- Complies with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and regulations.
- May assist with on the job training and mentoring of packaging technicians.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires completion of a high school diploma general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of experience and education. Technical/vocational or Associate Degree preferred. Normally requires three (3) years of equivalent work experience.
- Previous Blister Machine maintenance experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of reading documents product labels and instructions.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions.