Now Hiring at our Columbus Dirstribution Center!
Position: Maintenance Mechanic II
Hours: 2nd Shift, 3pm Start time, Monday-Friday (ocassional weekends)
Wage: Based on Exp + Great Benefits!
The purpose of a Maintenance Mechanic II is to perform general preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and repairs of all conveyors, production equipment and building-related equipment. This requires an intermediate working knowledge for troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems to be able to detect minor problems and correct them before they become larger problems. The Maintenance Mechanic II regularly responds to production critical issues, provides troubleshooting assistance, and makes adjustments and repairs as needed. This is a mid-level position with promotion potential to Maintenance Mechanic III position by completing and demonstrating proficiency in all related Maintenance Mechanic III job requirements.
1. Building Maintenance - Performs general facility repairs such as minor plumbing, general electric, lighting, painting, and wall repair. Perform minor repairs on doors and dock plates to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Assists Senior Mechanics with all major repairs and Tenant Improvement work as requested. Communicates with all peers, customers, and management to accomplish assigned and critical tasks.
2. Conveyor System Maintenance - Performs reactive repairs and preventative maintenance to maintain operation of conveyors and sorter equipment. Responsible for cleaning and lubricating machinery, performing basic diagnostic tests, checking performance, and testing damaged machine parts to determine whether major repairs are necessary; includes the assembly/disassembly of pneumatic sub-systems. Troubleshoots conveyor system controls and adjusts/calibrates or repairs as needed, both preventative and reactive. Works with vendor partners to determine the root cause of issues and appropriate corrections.
3. Equipment Maintenance - Performs preventative maintenance to production-related equipment, Powered Industrial Trucks, and building equipment as needed. Maintain complete inventory and cleaning of all equipment and work areas.
4. Electrical - Performs trouble-shooting and needed tasks involving low and high voltage electrical and control systems of 480 volt devices (AC and DC), including repair or replacement of system components.
5. System Installation - Assists or performs installations of new or replacement facility equipment.
6. Problem Solving - Uses problem solving skills and methodologies to resolve any issue as it relates to primary duties and responsibilities within the facility operation.
7. Facility Cleanliness / Safety - Ensures the primary work areas are left in an organized, neat and clean manner. Identifies and acts immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Uses safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tag out procedures, etc. Communicate with all peers, customers, and management regarding safety issues and training requirements.
8. Fabrication - Utilize materials and tools to create/repair custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).
9. Record Keeping -- Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets). Maintains records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs.
* High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
* Minimum3 years experience in related field
* Previous experience with and working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, including conveyor and related systems in a fast paced production environment. Previous experience with Dematic conveyors and related production equipment and systems (i.e., Rapid Route, Flex Sort, Crown, Raymond)
* Working knowledge of standard building codes and safety regulations
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Intermediate knowledge of PLC's and sortation controls
* Ability to follow blueprints, technical manuals, and engineering specifications
* Ability to take direction and complete tasks independently or in a team environment
* Ability to learn new trades
* Possess a strong sense of urgency
* Ability to be on call, work days or nights, weekends and overtime if required
* Good computer skills
Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.