Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most. 12 Hour Shift - 7pm - 7am
- Must read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Must perform electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment to include electrical switchgear, use of blueprints and schematics for control circuit repairs to motor control centers.
- Must build, install and troubleshoot control circuits for equipment.
- Must install electrical facilities for new equipment and relocate equipment when necessary.
- Must perform welding assignments as required.
- Must analyze problems and repair pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair ink jet printers.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair solution operations equipment.
- Must crosstrain in all South Side operations, to include Filling, Packing, Vials, Prep Room and Sterilization, to proficiently perform maintenance duties as needed.
- Must be able to work shutdowns and some holidays to overhaul major equipment or install new equipment.
- Must perform all documentation as required.
- Be knowledgeable and able to troubleshoot microprocessor, HVAC and industrial maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Three years general maintenance experience
- AB troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment; e.g., volt-ohm meter, ammeter, megohmmeter, wiggly.
- Ability to troubleshoot and install DC equipment/controllers, generators, solenoids, relays, motors, power supplies.
- Ability to perform industrial maintenance.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Pipe fitting and welding.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift above the shoulder up to 30 pounds
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Ability to reach above the shoulder
- Ability to maneuver through tight spaces
- Ability to meet confined space entry requirements
- Must be able to climb on ladders and catwalks to work on equipment.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.