Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
The B4 Maintenance Mechanic - Cell 2 contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by maintaining, repairing and ensuring the optimum performance of automated equipment used in the manufacture of IV bags, other flexible containers and their subcomponents.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate with manufacturing to perform preventative maintenance activities and predictive diagnostics
- Maintain communication with maintenance via mobile phone when on shift
- When necessary, promptly perform emergency repairs and resolve PLC or various mechanical issues
- Read blueprints and use tools to measure the product, ensuring the output meets specifications, making adjustment/repairs as needed
- Document labor time and maintenance activities in Maximo
- Adjust, repair and install hydraulic, pneumatic and servo systems
- Change out AC/DC motors when necessary
- Support project work to improve and modify assigned productions equipment, as well as assisting in the installation of new manufacturing equipment and other continuous improvement activities
- Assist and support establishment of machine parameters, performing validations and protocols
- Provided technical training for registered apprentices and manufacturing employees when assigned by maintenance supervision
- Ensure the proper use, care, and storage of tools and equipment.
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, major mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles both during performed maintenance and after the work is completed
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- In a Class II or Class III Controlled Environment which may include the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, ear plugs, hairnet and/or beard cover (additional PPE required when cleaning)
- Fast paced environment while maintaining safety awareness
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- This position involves working around equipment, machinery and belts
- Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
1) As specified in the Duties and Responsibilities section. 2) High School Diploma is required 3) 3 - 5 years of mechanical systems repair is desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of verifiable Industrial or Military maintenance experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Must have knowledge of electric motors, RF Generation, hydraulics, pneumatics, pressure systems, control systems and other equipment and systems.
- Must have the ability to maintain records regarding material, equipment, and repairs
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must have the ability to maintain records regarding material, equipment, and repairs.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills required
- One year of manufacturing experience
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) Silver level
- The position also involves lifting up to 50 pounds
- Normal visual acuity is necessary
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis.
*Due to the nature of this position, the ability to work most holidays, some weekends and plant shut down periods is required.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.