At AstraZeneca/Medimmune we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Maintenance Mechanic II
in Frederick, MD
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations
at AstraZeneca/ Medimmune is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your role is to perform preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance on process and utility equipment in support of a Multi-Product Large Scale Biologics Manufacturing Facility, which operates 24/7.
- Good knowledge of process equipment such as Bioreactors, centrifuges, purification processing skids, purification columns, glasswashers, and autoclaves.
- Good knowledge of Utility and facility equipment such as HVAC, refrigeration, boiler, chiller, cooling tower, pumps & drives, RODI, WFI, and clean steam systems.
- Experience performing mechanical maintenance activities such as valve rebuilds (diaphragm, ball valves, gate valves, proportional control valves), pump rebuild including seals (positive displacement, air pumps, peristaltic, and centrifugal pumps), agitator maintenance including seal replacements, motor_pump replacement/alignment, and heat exchanger repairs. Partial knowledge of all aspects of mechanical maintenance required for these systems.
- Capable of performing work in the mechanical, pipefitting, or plumbing trades.
- Detail oriented and be able to complete any required (GxP) documentation
- Use basic hand tools.
- Must be able to read, write and utilize drawings, mathematics, formulas.
- Read mechanical schematics and piping diagrams P&ID's
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Candidate must possess basic computer skills
- Must have ability to communicate both orally and written in a clear manner.
Next Steps - Apply today!
- High School diploma, technical school or Military training and experience in relevant field.
- 3 to 5 years in a plant or equipment maintenance
- Preference will be given to biotech/pharmaceutical experience.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.