1. Maintains preventive maintenance work order records on individual equipment that reflect
labor, material cost, and materials required.
2. Performs mechanical repair, replacement, modification, and installation on motors, bearings,
seals, shafts, gears, housings, dampers, switches and controls.
3. Maintains water heaters, boilers and associated equipment, plumbing lines, drains, vacuum
switches, water closets, commode, clippers, and garbage disposal.
4. Complies with OSHA regulations in use of tools, test equipment, electrical and work areas.
6. Replaces lights, ballasts, fixtures, photocells, belts, filters, and resets time clocks as required.
7. Operates and maintains emergency power units.
8. Maintains separate log of weekly run-up to indicate meter readings, date, start and stop time.
9. Records meter readings daily for each item of equipment requiring daily check, advising
supervisor immediately if abnormal readings.
10. Maintains vehicle as required.
11. Maintains oxygen, vacuum and gas distribution systems as directed.
12. Performs plant readings.
13. Conducts life safety checks as required by AHCA and Joint CommissionQualifications:
- High School diploma or G. E. D. equivalent;
- Trade school courses are helpful but not required.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Knowledge of blueprints.
High School Diploma/GED
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom