Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
We are currently seeking a Craftsperson who will maintain PAB production equipment. Will perform maintenance functions to production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment. All work is to be performed in such a manner to ensure good workmanship to limit minimum downtime. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Work with production on a daily basis to coordinate appropriate course of action to maximize uptime and quality performance of respective area.
- Ability to interpret mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical prints.
- Capable to troubleshoot sensors and instrumentation devices such as: proximity, ultrasonic, photo eyes, limit switches, RTDs, thermocouple, pressure transducers, level transmitters, flow sensors.
- Able to perform mechanical adjustments and repairs to filling and packing such as: conveyors, case formers, case sealers, cap chutes, laser markers, vision systems etc.
- Complete daily setup on filling and packing machines.
- Perform accurate PM inspections within assigned area.
- Capable and motivated to learn process and operations quickly.
- The ability to understand, troubleshoot and repair (when applicable):
- Electrical Control Technology
- AC/DC Theory
- Actuators and sensors, Instrumentation, Industrial Wiring, Power and Control Devices,
- Three Phase Theory, Transformers Theory, Drives, Electrical motors.
- Mechanical Technology
- Bearings, gearbox, chains, walking beam, screw shafts, drive systems, fasteners, couplers, tension devices, levers.
- PM Methods
- Cleaning, tightening, adjusting and inspections.
- Proper lifting techniques, lockout/tag out procedures, personal protection equipment.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Candidate must possess a AA degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate safe working practices.
- Knowledge of basic electrical concepts.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.#LI-EC1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.