Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Maintain Mechanic to install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments by performing the following duties. This position is located in the Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings aerospace manufacturing facility in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; employing 8,000 people in 13 countries at 38 locations.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Maintains a safe and organized workstation and follows all company policy, safety and procedures.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- Pass the Vision Acuity TestEmployee must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be requires at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U. S. Person status. ITAR defines U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card' Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- Valid forklift certification
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.