Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Ensures proper operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance activities on mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Must be able to troubleshoot machinery by following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Fabricates repair parts by using shop equipment. Must be able to weld, grind, and torch.
• Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Pay rate will be based on testing, skill, experience, and aptitude. There is a 90 working day probation period.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
• Preventive, predictive, corrective and reactive maintenance
• Proficient in using power tools, welder, grinder, torch, caliper, micrometer, saws of any kind and etc.
• Must pay attention to detail and be a problem solver with analytical thinking flexibility
• Be able to adjust, align and level machinery and components
• Basic familiarity with computers and electronic instruments
• Corrugating industry experience is a plus.
• Boiler license preferred, but not required.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.