Newark , Ohio - United States Shift:
The purpose of the Maintenance Mechanic is to install and repair mechanical systems, apparatus, mechanical components of industrial machinery and equipment. This role provides maintenance repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported. Must work safely and follow all documented and "common sense" safety policies and procedures.
This individual is expected to perform as a professional, highly skilled and exceptionally competent maintenance person. They must be able to analyze, perform root cause analysis on breakdowns and carryout corrective measures. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss or on the job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and every day and hold other team members to the same level of high safety standards
- Complies with safety requirements and notifies appropriate personnel of exceptions
- Follows all environmental compliance policies and programs
- Capability to read schematics and blueprints
- Ability to install, maintains, diagnose, troubleshoot and correct general mechanical problems on industrial machinery.
- Burner system understanding, troubleshooting and properly tuning
- Advanced skills - pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical gear
- Assist in the development and completion of PM and Predictive maintenance programs for all motors, panels and mechanical components/systems.
- Completes and maintains plant required records and reports
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discuss malfunction with other maintenance, electrical maintenance and operations team members. Including being lead where appropriate for mechanical downtime and trouble shooting.
- Calibration of machinery, balancing and alignment of fans
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job and ensures work areas are clean and picked up after each job is completed.
- Must display initiative to follow through and complete assigned jobs.
- Assists with the mechanical training of other maintenance personnel
- Works as instructed with outside contractors
- Attend all required training
- Comply with all plant rules
- Other duties as assigned
Regular attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shiftsJob RequirementsMinimum Qualifications Skills and Abilities:
Maintenance related Computer Skills
Experience utilizing SAP is preferred, not required
Hydraulic and Pneumatics
Basic blueprint and schematic reading
Able to think under pressure and make quick and safe decisions
Able to communicate in English
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
Work independently with minimal direct supervision and drive toward accomplishment and produce high quality work
Good attention to detail
Authorized to work in the United States on an unlimited basis Education and Experience
High school Diploma or GED equivalent
Journeyman Maintenance is preferred with 4 years experience in pipefitting, welding, sheet metal or machine repair or have completed a state certified 4 year apprentice program in any of the above trades.
Multi-skilled training is preferred. Experience
2 years experience preferred in related maintenance trade or occupation that involved mechanical maintenance in an industrial manufacturing environment is preferred. Additional Information
This is not an entry level position
This is a full time position
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
Will be required to pass a physical and drug screen.
Will be required to complete a background check
Will be required to pass a hands on performance test
Must complete and successfully pass the following Work Keys to be considered. (Will be administered by OhioMeansJobs if candidate has not previously taken Work Keys)
- Applied Mathematics - Must score a 4 or higher
- Reading for Information - Must score a 4 or higher
- Locating Information - Must score a 4 or higher
- Applied Technology - Must score a 4 or higher
- Workplace Observation - Must score a 3 or higher
Must pass the written Ramsay MecTest and with a 80% or higher. (Test will be administered by C-TEC if candidate has not previously taken Ramsey MecTest) Essential Physical Requirements
Able to do repetitive hand, arm and leg movements for several hours
Able to climb on and off fork truck
Ability to stand for 10-12 hours straight
Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously
Lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds more than 100 times per day
Able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
Exposures to temperature extremes
Exposure to sounds or noise levels that may be uncomfortable
Bending and twisting
Handle, control or feel objects, tools
Wear required personal protective equipment (bump cap/hard hat, gloves, steel toed shoes, ear protection, arc flash gear and respirator when required)Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAbout Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.