Grow with us as a Maintenance Mechanic in our San Jose, CA Manufacturing facility!
Working as a fundamental member of the manufacturing organization, you will be a key partner to Operations, Quality Food Safety and Environmental Health and Safety personnel. We are looking for a passionate team player who loves solving problems and is eager to help shape a strong future for our company and their career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Maintenance Mechanic at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Knowing how to use basic hand tools and industrial shop equipment to perform job assignments
- Performing basic troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Responding to equipment break downs in a timely manner
- Demonstrating the ability to communicate technical subjects verbally and written to co-workers and vendors
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and / or repetitive tasks throughout the day. Employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience working in maintenance at a manufacturing facility
- Previous Food manufacturing experience
- Journeyman Maintenance experience
- (TIG MIG) welding experience.
- ARC welding experience
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Basic computer skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in basic troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance on mechanical and electrical equipment
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish #JIL #LI
A little about us: