Okeechobee, FL Facility Description:
For more than 38 years Raulerson Hospital has been providing the rural community of Okeechobee with quality healthcare and a personal touch. Raulerson Hospital is a 100-bed acute care hospital providing a wide range of medical and surgical services for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. It has been said that Raulerson Hospital offers what large hospitals can, but in a smaller setting. Although Raulerson Hospital employs more than 500 staff members, we are always seeking dedicated professionals to join our dynamic healthcare team and become a member of our family. Many of the nursing students, who spend time at Raulerson Hospital during their clinical rotations, choose to join us upon their graduation, because they enjoy the friendly, helpful atmosphere among our staff and patients.
About the area...
Okeechobee is a place that almost immediately feels like home. A unique, small community hospital with state of the art practices, in a down to earth community. Our spot in the Big Lake area of Central Florida affords world-class sports fishing, natural beauty, easygoing lifestyle and friendly people. Just a hop, skip and jump from many of Florida's cities and attractions, Okeechobee is an affordable place to live, a fun place to relax and a great place to thrive.
- Raulerson Hospital is the sole hospital provider in Okeechobee County
- Raulerson Hospital has been recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for five years in a row. We are one of only 117 hospitals in the nation to achieve this distinction.
Raulerson Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Engineering responsible for the general maintenance of the facility and grounds, including aspects of equipment safety and security issues as defined in the organization's Environment of Care Plans.Qualifications:
- High School or equivalent
- Trade School is helpful
- Three years of commercial or industrial experience in maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment. One year or more practical experience in an accredited hospital engineering department.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom